The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer helps City Council set community priorities. These priorities improve Village services for its residents. It is also the primary liaison between staff, the Mayor’s Office and Council.
This office guides staff advice to Council about issues considered by Council. The recommendations reflect facts, options and professional opinions relevant to Council decision-making. With direction from Council, the Office of the CAO manages policy implementation.
The Chief Administrative Officer is the senior staff leader. He or she provides leadership, control and direction to all Village departments and operations.
This office makes and keeps relationships with:
- Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nations
- Strathcona Regional District
- Chamber of Commerce
- Economic Development Committee
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Various Provincial Government Ministries and Agencies and Federal government contacts