Gold River is currently undertaking an Age-Friendly planning process. An age-friendly community is one where people of all ages are respected and where the policies, services, physical and social environments are designed to help people “age actively”. Age-friendly is often used to refer to seniors being able to age in their community in a healthy way, but it can apply to people of all ages having access to the services they need.
One way to consider whether a community is age-friendly is the “8-80” Concept. If a community is a good place for an 8-year-old to live and a good place for an 80-year-old, it is probably a good place for everyone, at any stage of life.
As part of this process, the Village is looking for Gold River residents to participate in a short interview (approximately 15-30 minutes). The interviews will include five universal questions and five questions specific to an age-friendly indicator category. These categories include:
- Parks and Recreation
- Employment & Investment
- Healthcare and Services
- Social Inclusion and Participation
- Retail and Buildings
If you are interested in participating, the following options are available:
- Via Zoom from the Gold River Council Chambers on March 2nd and March 3rd between 9:15am and 3:30pm*
- If you are unable to join the proposed Zoom interview times, a phone interview option will also be available on March 4th between 9:15am and 3:30pm.
- If you are unable to make either of the above options work, we can send you the interview questions via email where you can provide a written response by March 5th, 2021.
*The Village of Gold River will follow Covid-19 protocols, including disinfecting all meeting room surfaces before every interview.
If you have any questions about the interview process, please contact us at
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you would like to participate in an interview via Zoom or over the phone, please select a time in the calendar and provide the following details:
• Your name and contact information
• The age-friendly category you would like to speak to
The interview questions will be sent in advance for your review.